Francesca Michielin all’Eurovision: dall’estero coro univoco per brano in italiano
“All’Eurovision mi piacerebbe cantare in inglese” dichiarava ieri Francesca Michielin nel corso della sua intervista a Radio Company. La notizia, lanciata da noi di Eurofestival News e ripresa dai colleghi di Wiwibloggs, il sito non ufficiale legato all’Eurovision più letto al mondo, ha fatto molto parlare.
Nei popolosi gruppi Facebook, nei più visitati forum (ESCUnited e ESCforum) e negli spazi di discussione dei siti sopracitati la discussione si è subito accesa ed è ben chiaro che l’idea di cantare in inglese non venga accettata positivamente dagli spettatori internazionali della kermesse, molto affezionati alla nostra lingua, premiata l’anno scorso con una vittoria netta al televoto da parte de Il Volo.
Abbiamo raccolto alcuni dei commenti critici lanciati, fra le centinaia piovute in poche ore:
- Noooo! Please don’t change it to English! If she does, it will immediately drop in my ranking. Italian is such a beautiful language (native English speaker here). Spain isn’t even in my top 3 because they chose a trite English ditty. Very disappointed if Italy does the same!
- First Spain and now this. You’ve got two beautiful languages so why don’t you keep them. We will listen to you anyway (to Barei and Francesca).
- Seeing as this is the first year in a long while that the contest will be broadcast on RAI1, I’m personally hoping that they sing in Italian – I want to the contest to become more popular in Italy, and I don’t think singing in English is the way to do that.
- I’m open for a bilingual version but please not 100% english!!! Is she crazy?
- Nah. I was expecting Francesca to keep the song in Italian.
- Please, sing in Italian.
- I literally screamed when I saw the headline. absolutely not
- Oh no that will be a massive mistake
- I hope she will sing in Italian because Italy is one of the few countries who always sing in their own language now we have Spain singing in English and Portugal doesn’t participate this year so I really hope she will sing in Italian
- Forget English!
- She shouldn’t fix something that isn’t broken.
- DON’T YOU DARE, FRANCESCA!!!
- Singing in Italian would be an advantage. Without the language helping it to stand out I don’t think Nessun grado di separazione would do that well…
- Please no! I like other languages more than English….
- No, please no, you almost won last year with Italian,why not to stick to it? Goddamit…
- NO, PLEASE! Italian is 1000x better. I hope Fran will sing it in italian <3
- Just hope it’s only one chorus in English for the entire song.
- No please keep the italian language! Both Italy and San Marino should keep singing in Italian! We’re fed up of English songs !!!
- It would be a disaster.
- Please Francesca don’t do it. It’s amazing as it is, why? I hardly doubt English would fit this song…
- NOooo why does every eurovision artist think they have to sing in English to have a good song?? I’m 100% it’ll sound much more beautiful and better in Italian. and so what if the people don’t understand the lyrics, we just want to hear your beautiful in your beautiful language
- Please, in Italian!
- I hope she doesn’t. This is the first song this year which I’ve properly liked. It’s fine as it is!
- I would prefer that she sings in Italian.
- Would be devastated if she changed anything about the entry.
- Francesca, don’t you dare. Il Volo won the televote with 100% italian, singing in english would be just useless.
I could deal with one or two verses in english, but nothing more. Rai, knock some sense into this girl!!
- Oh no please don’t it! The song is perfect the way it is.
- This is actually the first Italian entry that I really like … I hope they don’t change the song
- No english please oh please dont.
- She should not change a thing. One of the very few decent entries by now.
- Please keep Italian.
- She could sing one verse in English if she really wants to, but yeah I think most of us prefer her songs stay as they are – in Italian.
- Italy is currently my number one song so far. I do not think that in English it would stay that way cause it would be partially different and it has to be seen if Francesca’s accent is any good.
- I don’t get why she wants to sing in English after Il Volo’s result last year. Gurl, you speak one of the most loved languages in the world and you’d like to sing in English?
- Would be a real shame if she sang in English after Spain already does :/
- If she decides to sing in English………….. then give me Stadio back
- Come on, does EVERYONE need to sing in English? I love English, but diversity of talent is kind of the point. At this point EBU should either officially ban translation of already selected songs or just give up and rename it into Englishvision.
- DON’T YOU DARE FRANCESCA!!!! Pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeee. Leave it in italian!!!!
- In English the whole song will be ruined. I mean the Italian version is so charming, but ggoing for English in this kind of song would be horrible. I hope she reads this and stops it immediately.
- That would be a huge disappointment…
- It would be the greatest mistake to sing in English..
- No… please no…
- I like the Italian :(
Segui Eurofestival News anche su Google News, clicca sulla stellina ✩ da app e mobile o alla voce “Segui”. Non perderti le ultime notizie con le notifiche in tempo reale dal nostro canale Telegram e seguici su Twitter e Facebook o nella nuova community dedicata all’Eurovision. Ti ricordiamo che Eurofestival News è anche una comoda Web App gratuita che puoi portare sempre con te, scaricala subito sul tuo smartphone.